The Blackburn Beavers Men's Soccer team won their first home game against the visiting Lincoln Christian Red Lions. The game took place on Wednesday, September 4th, 2019 at Blackburn College in Carlinville, Illinois.
- The Beavers struck first when freshman Dylan Klunk scored at the 31 minute mark, assisted by sophomore Jack McGrath.
- Klunk scored again on the exact same setup from McGrath at the 38 minute mark.
- Junior Prince Balaba and junior Jordan Leihser scored as well, with McGrath scoring one of his own.
- Keaton Doty scored the only goal for the Red Lions.
- Beaver's goalkeeper Chase Fielder allowed just one goal with eleven saves.
- Pedro Barbosa, goalkeeper for the Red Lions, had eight saves.
With this win, the Beavers move to a record of 1-2 on the year. The team will travel to Chicago, Illinois, to take on their next opponent, Moody Bible College. The game will take place on Saturday, September 7th, 2019, at 10:30 a.m. in Chicago, Illinois.